Our client's continued growth has created an opportunity in the Client Reporting Services department for a Accounting Manager with public and/or private accounting experience to join their professional team. The Accounting Manager candidate will oversee all aspects of monthly accounting and reporting for an assigned region or regions.
- • Oversight and management of team of 10-15 team members responsible for the monthly close and financial reporting.
- • Develop and mentor accounting team to ensure career development and strong morale.
- • Manage a team and participate as needed for the following: monthly accounting and reporting for a portfolio of individual managed locations within an assigned region; perform required month-end close activities for each location, including accurate preparation and recording of all journal entries; reconcile and record activity from daily cash reports, credit card activity reports, and bank statements; complete individual location bank reconciliations using auto matching application; reconcile all location Balance Sheets and related asset, liability and equity accounts; prepare analysis and lead sheets, when appropriate; compile and prepare comprehensive monthly financial report packages and submit timely to the field for review and approval; meet monthly financial report submission deadlines to GM and client in line with management agreement and client expectations; calculate, prepare, and file all applicable tax returns, including property, parking, and sales and use taxes.
- • Oversight of assigned regional accountants monthly workload to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- • Responsible for ensuring all tax filings and payments are completed in a timely manner (monthly, quarterly or annual).
- • Participate on regional P&L calls and provide insight for all managed and leased locations within your region/regions.
- • BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- • Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in General Accounting or Finance with application of GAAP
- • Experience in supervising and mentoring staff
- • Commercial Property Management accounting and client financial reporting experience a plus
- • Ability to train, supervise and mentor staff; strong, effective, and professional communication (verbal, written, on P&L calls, in meetings)
- • Ability to work independently and in a team environment, be a self-starter, and effectively interface at all levels of the organization; excellent computer skills, including high and proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook)
Salary:$115,000 - $125,000 + 10% Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506