Associate Director, Tax Technical Accounting
Our client is seeking an Associate Director of Tax Technical Accounting to perform tax technical research and provide technical support for topics relating to tax accounting (ASC 740), global tax planning, and business development. This position will report to the Director of Global Tax Technical Accounting. This position will be responsible for providing research on various areas of tax accounting (ASC 740), technical review of various tax calculations (federal, international and partnership), drafting technical memorandums to support tax planning, financial reporting, and global tax audits, and performing tax analysis and due diligence on business development initiatives. The Associate Director of Tax Technical Accounting will also interface with core finance functions including technical accounting, business development, legal, treasury, and other leaders across a number of non-US locations.
- • Serve as a technical resource for the Company's tax department service lines (Direct, Indirect, and Planning) and liaise with department personnel to prepare supporting memoranda for tax planning transactions, responses to government audits, and related documentation supporting financial statement and tax return positions.
- • Provide technical analysis in all areas of tax planning (Sub C, Sub K, and International), with a focus on the international tax aspects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and tax accounting considerations under ASC 740, as well as other areas with domestic and global tax consequences to the Company.
- • Review and model the tax impacts of proposed domestic and international tax laws and their effect on the Company's effective tax rate and tax planning initiatives.
- • Prepare formal presentations and other informational materials to educate members of the the Company's tax department and finance leadership on enacted tax and accounting law changes.
- • Advise members of the Company’s technical accounting and reporting functions on the tax and financial statement impact of any new relevant accounting pronouncements under U.S. GAAP.
- • Partner with the Company's business development team to perform tax due diligence, advise on deal structuring, review contracts, and develop integration planning for various domestic and foreign acquisitions, dispositions and third party license arrangements.
- • BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA, and a Masters in Taxation or J.D./LLM is preferred.
- • 10+ years of public accounting experience, with a preference to Big 4 firms.
- • Significant tax accounting (ASC 740), partnership tax, and international taxation experience.
- • M&A tax experience is preferred.
- • Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with writing technical memorandums.
- • Ability to manage and lead both employees and/or outside consultants.
- • Strong issue/opportunity recognition skills which will directly materially impact the long term corporate strategic direction, growth, and earnings of the company.
Salary:$180,000 - $220,000 + Bonus
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506