AVP – Internal Audit
As the AVP, Internal Audit, you will manage and provide strategic vision to a team of auditors that are responsible for a significant portfolio of audit entities or a combination of complex areas. You will use your understanding of the business and leadership ability to develop an audit plan, budget resources, and monitor results. You will utilize your strong business relationships to discuss results with the Chief Auditor and collaborate with other program directors.
- • Lead a team which executes audit work for a significant portfolio of Audit entities within the Company.
- • Oversee audit, business monitoring, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, external auditor support and assurance initiatives being completed by the program team ensuring timely and quality deliverables, proper staffing, and coordination with other Corporate Audit resources as necessary.
- • Prepare the program’s annual audit plan and execute the plan on time and within budget.
- • Prepare communications and documentation and ensure they are in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices, and Corporate Audit’s methodology.
- • Recommend and execute strategies and efficiencies that are aligned with enterprise-wide goals and capabilities while taking into account industry best practices.
- • Prepare the quarterly audit results summary presented to business management.
- • Champion continuous improvement of Corporate Audit by mentoring and developing Corporate Audit talent, providing constructive feedback to improve individual performance within Corporate Audit and adding value to the line of business by acting as a risk advisor.
- • Meet with Business Unit Management regularly to discuss the status of the Audit Plan and any other key issues.
- • Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor or equivalent.
- • Advanced knowledge of risk assessment, auditing principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field; ten or more years of specialized property casualty and/or auditing experience, seven years of experience leading projects with two years of people management.
- • Advanced knowledge of insurance business, accounting, systems and products with an understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls.
- • Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship building skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to senior leadership in relevant business terms.
- • Excellent leadership skills with the ability to mentor staff on audit methodology and core competencies.
- • Expert understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
Salary:$180,000 - $195,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT; Hybrid schedule
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506