Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will manage all day to day operations of the Accounting function. The position requires a professional with strong general ledger, cost accounting, and analytical skills along with a working knowledge of internal controls and the ability to be hands-on with all financial aspects of the Company’s ERP system. The accounting manager will make recommendations to improve and/or develop company policies and procedures and collaborate with the management to streamline financial operations.
- • Monthly and year-end closing processes including preparation of journal entries
- • Balance sheet account reconciliations
- • Inventory, job costing, and related analysis
- • All aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- • Credit and collection activities
- • Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- • Preparation of monthly financial statements
- • Working with external audit firm in support of the Company’s annual audit
- • Daily cash flow and cash management
- • Collaborating with the Company’s suppliers and customers, as necessary
- • Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- • Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments including manufacturing operations, procurement, sales and IT
- 1) Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Advanced degree or CPA a plus. At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2) Strong computer acumen. Working knowledge of enterprise-wide software and ad hoc reporting tools (SQL and Crystal Reports) a plus. Prior experience with Infor Visual Manufacturing a big plus. Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- 3) Strong working knowledge of GAAP financial analysis data communication skills.
- 4) Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks. Able to work independently but within a team-oriented environment. Good written and oral communications. A desire to grow in the job, be challenged and take on additional responsibilities.
Salary:$80,000 - $100,000
Location:East of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506