Corporate Controller – future CFO
This is a great opportunity for someone that is a Supervisor or Manager in public accounting or currently in private industry with manufacturing industry experience. Our growing privately held manufacturing company does around $200 million in annual sales. They are looking for someone to come in as Corporate Controller with the goal of taking over as CFO in a few years when the current person retires.
- 1) Supervision of an accounting staff of 12
- 2) Prepare/Review and sign off on multi-divisional consolidated financials
- 3) Preparation of year end financials and footnotes
- 4) Preparation and maintenance of annual budgets
- 5) Develop and update cost accounting systems
- 6) Monitor preparation of sales tax returns and systems
- 7) Interface with bank regarding reporting and documentation
- 8) Manage annual audit and relationship with accounting firm
- 9) Provide documentation for preparation of income tax returns
- 10) Develop and maintain internal controls
- 11) Assist with monitoring enterprise-wide IT functions
- 12) Maintain insurance and interface with national brokerage firm
- 13) Interface with other senior management (Purchasing, Operations, Customer Service and Sales)
- 14) Assist with acquisitions (some travel)
- 15) Develop and maintain KPI’s and other reporting data as needed
- • Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance; CPA desirable
- • 5-10 years of public accounting or private industry manufacturing experience
- • Strong technical accounting and financial statement preparation skills.
- • Exposure to purchase accounting/acquisitions a plus.
- • Solid leadership, communication and analytical skills.
Salary:$120,000 - $160,000 (depending on experience) + Annual Bonus
Location:On site - Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506