The Cost Accountant will monitor the accuracy of the company’s Inventory system that consists of inventory, shop floor, and Item Master (the raw material list for a product grade). To review paper and converting floor activity in order to maintain product standard cost accuracy. To manage the proper costing of Company products and provide costing on new products.
- • Prepares necessary journal entries for monthly SAP closing.
- • Prepares and conducts monthly, quarterly and annual uploads to company reporting system.
- • Assists Plant Controller in preparing and analyzing financial data for management and other functional areas as needed.
- • Manages all inventory reconciliation and inventory controls.
- • Oversees the maintenance in system product standards corresponding to all raw materials, operational metrics, production grades and machines.
- • Works with Plant Controller and management staff to determine proper inter-company pricing on product sales to other Company Business Units.
- • Develops and maintains machine burden rates for standard product costing.
- • Works with Plant Controller to review monthly financial results and manufacturing productivity.
- • Maintains the integrity of the cost reporting system and profitability reporting by product.
- • Prepares periodic standard grade cost recommendations for all production machine items.
- • Enters and maintains grade items in the system with appropriate bill of material, item masters and routing information.
- • Reconciles inventory accounts such as Work In Progress (WIP), Finished Goods (FG) and inter-company inventory in-transit, and machine clothing.
- • Responsible for the scheduling of physical inventory counts.
- • Act as a backup to the Plant Controller
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; 5+ years of previous operations/cost accounting experience with an understanding of a process type manufacturing cost required.
- • Knowledge of SAP software preferred; Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel and proficiency with Word is required
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills
Salary:$80,000 - $100,000 + 20% Bonus Potential
Location:North of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506