Director – Insurance Accounting Securities
The Director, Insurance Accounting Securities is responsible for providing management oversight for the securities accounting and reporting for institutional insurance clients, as well as private wealth accounts on a STAT/GAAP basis. This role will require that the candidate possess the ability to operate within a deadline driven environment and deliver exceptional client service. Strong interpersonal skills are required due to frequent interaction with clients as well as all levels of Portfolio and Asset Management, IT and systems development, and various external vendors. This position also shares responsibility for the integrity and timeliness of financial data and for ensuring the safeguarding of assets through proper controls.
- • Provide direction, guidance and mentoring to a team of accounting professionals
- • Ensure proper Statutory/GAAP accounting treatment of investment activity across multiple clients.
- • Provide technical support and guidance on accounting records, policies and procedures
- • Review and analyze client reporting, journal entries and Schedule D statutory reporting
- • Assist in the onboarding and accounting conversion of new clients/accounts
- • Provide operational assistance for strategic projects and initiatives, including but not limited to acquisitions, accounting and regulatory changes, new investment products and or system conversions/implementations.
- • Provide accurate and timely responses to ad-hoc requests from various business units and clients.
- • Interact with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls.
- • Identify, develop and implement process enhancements to the accounting and systems workflow
- • Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance
- • 7 or more years of relevant accounting experience in the insurance or financial service industries
- • Knowledge of Schedule D and Statutory reporting preferred
- • CPA/MBA preferred
- • Strong knowledge of CAMRA is a plus
- • Proven relationship management with all members of the user community in a matrix environment
- • Communication Skills – contributes effectively to business discussions, presents technical information effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, and produces full and clear business reports.
- • Leadership Skills and Critical Thinking – Ability to assist with leading a team to meet the demands of a diverse constituent base and partners with other areas to resolve issues in an efficient and effective manner.
Salary:$120,000 - $135,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506