Director of Statutory Reporting
The Director of P&C Statutory Reporting (The Director) will report to the AVP of Statutory Reporting and will play a key leadership role within the Statutory Reporting Team and Corporate External Reporting and will lead a small and experienced team. The Stat Team performs the following responsibilities for 16 P&C companies and 1 Life insurance company: closing the Stat Ledger, all NAIC reporting, Stat audited financial statements, the Stat Outlook, RBC, Schedule P, state compliance reporting and many other internal and external deliverables. The Director will also lead process improvement and coordinate systems and data management for the Stat Team. S/he will establish working relationships within Finance and the greater P&C organization; and along with Stat staff members will review numerous tasks and processes to identify efficiency opportunities; and working with the team will define the data requirements needed to support process improvement. S/he will work closely with the TM1 Team, Corp IT and using Stat Team’s skill sets design and implement new applications. S/he will lead the data related implementation of new NAIC and other reporting guidance and will be directly involved with the development of new more granular statutory financial analysis and reporting at the LOB, state and company levels.
- 1) Responsible for the accurate and timely production of monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory filings, management reporting and other state compliance related activities.
- 2) Drive the identification and implementation of process improvements to simplify and streamline current activities.
- 3) Act as the LOB and functional area liaison for new products and initiatives and lead those projects as they relate to Stat.
- 4) Identify, design and implement process improvement; be a full participant.
- 5) Implement new accounting / reporting guidance and integrate into current processes.
- 6) Develop new analysis of statutory income, surplus and STAT to GAAP reconciliations.
- 7) Work with staff to manage the onshore and offshore state compliance activities; including the Master Checklist, Department of Insurance, Rating Agency filings and identify opportunities to streamline these processes.
- 8) Oversee staff production of quarterly footnote disclosure for the NAIC Statements, NAIC Combined P&C and the P&C and HLA Audits.
- 9) Maintain SOX controls and implement new financial controls.
- 1) Minimum of five to seven years of experience in a professional finance or accounting role with STAT reporting responsibilities at a mid-to-large size insurance company required. Property & Casualty experience very strongly preferred. GAAP and/or Life STAT financial reporting experience in addition to P&C is desirable.
- 2) Proven leadership skills required; experience managing staff strongly preferred.
- 3) Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
- 4) CPA, MBA preferred.
- 5) Strong influencing and relationship building skills required.
- 6) Demonstrated track record of career growth.
Salary:$120,000 - $140,000 + Annual Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506