Our client manages fixed income and equity investment portfolios for insurance company clients and private wealth investors, with nearly $20 billion in Assets Under Management. They are currently looking for an Investment Accountant. Responsibilities include providing and maintaining securities accounting and reporting for institutional insurance clients, as well as private wealth accounts, on a STAT/GAAP basis. Supporting the internal trading and actuarial functions of the Company, in addition to the overall business strategy, by providing financial information for use in achieving superior investment results for clients. Responsibility for the integrity and timeliness of financial data and for ensuring the safeguarding of assets through the application of proper accounting controls.
- • Monitor, control and record investment income.
- • Reconcile invested assets and cash activity with custodian banks.
- • Prepare and analyze client reporting, including holdings, earned income, transactions, journal entries and Schedule D statutory reporting.
- • Provide technical support and advice on accounting records, policies and procedures.
- • Identify improvements or enhancements to the accounting and systems workflow.
- • Provide responses to ad-hoc requests from both external clients and internal professionals.
- • BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience; 2-4 years Accounting experience
- • Effective communication skills and demonstrate a commitment to client service
- • Knowledge of securities investments; knowledge of Schedule D and Statutory reporting a plus
Salary:$70,000 -90,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506