Manager – Accounts Payable
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing the company accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff and processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving, invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with buyers. This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable. Also manages daily/monthly AP Operations to ensure accuracy, validity, and completeness of transactions processed via the accounts payable system that are fed to the General Ledger. Ensure that invoiced payments to vendors and reimbursements to employees are made in a timely manner. Responsible for the accurate reporting of 1099 transaction information to the government (federal and state).
- 1) Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- 2) Reviews accounts payable daily and monthly reports prepared by subordinates for accuracy, completeness and conformance to policy; authorizes for payment.
- 3) Creates and implements changes to work assignments, methods, or procedures to meet operational needs, improve accuracy and efficiency of the accounts payable system.
- 4) Analyzes, resolves and answers complex or difficult problems presented by subordinates and staff, colleagues or vendors.
- 5) Formulates, recommends and implements changes to department policy or procedure to ensure integrity of the accounts payable system; interprets policy and advises Company staff and colleagues of appropriate changes to policies and procedures.
- 6) Participates in internal and external audits and provides reports for evidence for Marsox compliance purposes.
- 1) BS in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- 2) 4+ years of high volume Accounts Payable experience with at least two years of supervisory experience
- 3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4) Works well with colleagues and knows how to manage staff at a task level.
- 5) Knowledge of 1099 IRS reporting requirements
- 6) Understands the life cycle of an invoice and how it gets processed in an AP system and the impact on the GL
- 7) Desired: Strong working knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft AP system.
- 8) Knowledge of principles, practices, regulations, and procedures as they relate to purchasing and accounts payable
$80,000 - $90,000 + Bonus
Greater Hartford, CT