Manager – Audit & Controls
The Audit Manager position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a dynamic audit professional who seeks to build on their existing audit and accounting experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business. The Internal Audit department is developmental in nature and employees are assisted in furthering career goals through training & development, strategic networking opportunities and eventual placement into critical business segment roles, after a tenure within the group. This group is seen as a premiere entry point into the business segments within the Company.
As an Audit Manager, you will perform reviews of critical business processes, evaluating effectiveness of internal controls and identifying potential process improvement opportunities.
- 1) Lead risk based audits, manage 1-4 auditors per engagement
- 2) Assess risk of key business processes resulting in the preparation of audit plans and specific audit programs
- 3) Create process maps of significant financial, business and operational processes in order to identify potential internal control weaknesses and recommend opportunities for improvement
- 4) Prepare clear, concise audit reports
- 5) Present audit conclusions and recommendations to senior management
- 1) Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related business disciplines CPA, MBA will be considered a strong plus, however not required.
- 2) 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience with Big 4 or regional public accounting firms, internal audit or government accounting with exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- 3) Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to work effectively across all levels and functions within the business and can easily manage a co-source relationship with third party audit firm when applicable.
- 4) Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse teams toward operational efficiencies.
- 5) Strong oral and written communication skills and proven presentation skills.
- 6) Proactive and results/metrics driven.
Salary:$110,000 - $125,000
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506