The Plant Controller will manage the proper costing of the Company's products and the valuation of inventories and cost of sales. The Plant Controller will also manage the following Finance and Accounting areas: general accounting, cost accounting and analysis, corporate reporting, internal control procedures, compliance with corporate accounting policies.
- • Establishes reviews and maintains adequate systems of internal controls and procedures.
- • Prepares and analyzes financial data for management and other functional areas as needed.
- • Monitors and reviews Management Accounting – profit center and business unit financial reporting.
- • Provides monthly manufacturing performance data for production and inventories by production line.
- • Manages all inventory reconciliation and inventory controls.
- • Oversees the maintenance in system product standards corresponding to all raw materials, production grades and machines.
- • Manages machine burden rates for standard product costing.
- • Works with manufacturing management to review monthly financial results and manufacturing productivity.
- • Oversee the cost accounting and analysis function.
- • Assist in preparation of quarterly projections, annual plan and business plan.
- • Provide accounting and analytical support in the role of business analyst for the site and business units.
- • Coordinates monthly closing process and reporting of financial results
- • Participates in and/or oversees systems implementations and business process change management issues.
- • Manages assigned staff. Provides coaching, mentoring and regular feedback to staff. Prepares and conducts performance reviews. Develops goals and objectives for functional area. Regularly evaluates and reports on progress.
- • Provide sound financial guidance to plant management
- • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- • At least 5 – 7 years of increasingly progressive accounting experience in general and cost accounting functions required.
- • CPA and/or CMA certification required.
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required with the ability to work with all levels of management.
- • Previous management experience required.
- • Experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word required.
- • Experience using SAP preferred.
$95,000 - $110,000 + 15% Target Bonus
Greater Hartford, CT