Senior Accountant – Indirect Tax
The Senior Accountant - Indirect Tax reports to the Chief Financial Officer and provides support through the Tax Department to all locations nationwide and their corresponding accountants and operations teams. The successful candidate must be motivated, detail oriented and demonstrate a team-first attitude and willingness to navigate complex company and client tax issues.
- 1) Leads the indirect tax function of the Tax department currently comprising three staff.
- 2) Manages audit requests, data, and documentation flow, as well as research audit defense positions, large upscale refunds.
- 3) Tracks, manages, and leads responses to tax notices in all jurisdictions in which the Company operates.
- 4) Ongoing review and supervision of sales and parking tax return preparation, assist with preparation and review of personal property declarations, business tax returns, potential refund claims and other tax filings, sales and use tax.
- 5) Oversees the processing of timely and accurate tax registrations for sales/use, parking and business taxes in multiple jurisdictions and update corresponding rates and account numbers in the Company’s internal location database.
- 6) Performs internal audits of current practices, spot checks/audits of tax filings and preparation of tax standard operating procedures (SOP) and development of any remediation plans required.
- 7) Research tax regulations in prospective markets.
- 8) Supports the Company's external tax advisors as needed for income tax filings. Provides estimated tax reserves monthly for month-end financial reporting purposes.
- 1) BA/BS Accounting, MST preferred but not required. CPA preferred but not required
- 2) Minimum 5 years state and local tax experience in a public accounting or similar tax firm. Proven supervisory experience
- 3) Proficiency in MS Office suite, especially Excel. Experience with Access a plus.
- 4) Solid project management and organization skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
Salary:$100,000 - $125,000
Location:Greater Hartford, CT; Hybrid schedule
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506