Senior Data Analyst – Controls & Compliance
The Controls & Compliance Data Analytics group is a division of the Controllership Team. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting continuous auditing/monitoring programs to assist Controls & Compliance, Controllership, Internal Audit, and the business in the evaluation of risk/control activities. Additional duties may include participating in the creation of ad-hoc analytics and dashboards for special projects to assist the business with process improvements and business insight.
The Senior Data Analyst will work closely with members of the Controls & Compliance team to plan out projects, conduct process walk-throughs, perform analytic testing, and roll-out final analytic deliverables to end-users.
This Senior Data Analyst reports to the Data Analytics Manager – Controls & Compliance.
- • Manage analytic projects and coordinate with various teams and functions to ensure project success
- • Analyze business process controls and the data supporting them to design innovative, automated analytics that create efficiencies and extend testing coverage
- • Develop, implement, and support continuous auditing/monitoring programs using ACL
- • Build data visualizations in ACL and Tableau, which can be communicated to non-technical users in order to provide fresh insight into business data
- • Develop and maintain a library of standard and repeatable analytics
- • Track key performance indicators and trends to the evaluate success of data analytics and control processes
- • Develop and leverage subject matter expertise in knowledge of the company’s data environment
- • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology, or similar required
- • 3-6 years of experience working in internal controls, audit, and/or analytics • Relevant certifications (i.e., CIA, CISA, CPA, CMA, ACDA, CFE) a plus
- • Strong working knowledge of audit, risk, and internal controls
- • Excellent critical thinking, analytical, project management, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- • High level of enthusiasm and desire to learn
Salary:$80,000 - $95,000
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506