Senior Investment Accounting Analyst
The position will be responsible for accounting, analyzing, and reporting the Company's and external clients’ investment results. Primary responsibilities include supporting SEC and internal management reporting deliverables. In addition, the department performs the invested asset credit loss review process. The position provides a macro-overview of the invested asset portfolio with significant exposure to various investment sectors and asset classes. This process includes significant interaction with portfolio management, enterprise risk management, and other Investment Finance functional heads
- • Preparation and analysis of investment sections of the Company's SEC filings (10Q/10K, Investor Financial Supplement), and the Financial Results Presentation. Candidate should be familiar with GAAP investment reporting standards and be able to apply this knowledge in the preparation of investment disclosures.
- • Develop, support, and maintain information delivery related to invested asset portfolio trends, income impacts of trading decisions.
- • Assist in identification of potential credit loss candidates via quantitative modeling and discussions with investment analysts and sector heads. Assist in the preparation of the quarterly credit loss presentation.
- • Independently working to research and successfully resolve investment specific issues that impact the accounting results, while engaging with investment professionals, operations, and other teams within Investment Finance as needed.
- • Assist in the research and implementation of new investment accounting guidance.
- • Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or related field required, CPA a plus
- • GAAP investment accounting & reporting experience
- • 3+ years of accounting, reporting or finance experience; experience in a Big 4 firm favored
- • Knowledge of capital markets with a desire to learn new investment strategies
- • Proven track record of taking initiative to research and resolve issues
Salary:$85,000 - $100,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506