Senior IT SOX Analyst
The Senior IT SOX Analyst performs comprehensive reviews of IT processes to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively. The Senior IT SOX Analyst role requires strong leadership and communication capabilities and will be a main point of contact for IT. Forming strong relationships with IT business partners and fostering a collaborative environment are critical to success in this role. The Senior IT SOX Analyst will serve as a contact for the external auditors and will assist in coordinating SOX efforts between the SOX department, SOX stakeholders and external audit.
- 1. Participate in the transformation of the SOX department and play a critical role in the development and enhancement of the SOX program.
- 2. Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact for lines of business. Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements, managing request lists, and facilitating discussions on controls.
- 3. Facilitate the walkthrough process with Management and external audit. Collaborate with IT partners to review SOX documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed. Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current process.
- 4. Complete and/or review SOX testing for key general IT controls (GITCs/ITGCs), IT application controls (ITACs), and key reports (IPE) identified in the walkthrough process. Coordinate testing approach and align expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and allows for reliance by the external auditors. Leverage knowledge of SOX methodology and industry requirements to ensure thorough workpapers are maintained.
- 5. Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department. Mentor less experienced SOX team members and contractors and review workpapers where appropriate.
- 6. Research and assess deficiencies identified and work with Management to identify an appropriate solution. Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution
- • Bachelor's degree required; a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- • Prior experience in public accounting (1or 2 yrs) or SOX experience is strongly preferred
- • CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar designation strongly preferred
- • Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
- • Strong IT background required (Windows, UNIX, SQL server/ Oracle database, etc.)
Salary:$90,000 - $115,000 + Bonus Potential
Location:West of Hartford, CT Hybrid Schedule
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506