Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
The Senior SEC Reporting Analyst is responsible for the preparation and review of external financial reporting for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings (10-K, 10-Q, 11-K, etc.). The position is also responsible for providing technical accounting support on complex business transactions and financial statement disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. The ideal candidate should be digitally enabled and have experience working with automation, data workflow, and analytical tools.
- 1. Responsible for the quarterly preparation, review, and filing of corporate financial statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission (10-Qs, 10-Ks, other SEC filings, etc.).
- 2. Provide assistance on technical support to members of Finance, Accounting, and business unit constituents on the treatment of accounting issues in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- 3. Research and document technical accounting issues for senior management and business unit constituents.
- 4. Work with business units and support groups to develop and establish ownership of disclosures for newly adopted accounting standards.
- 5. Work to continuously improve the quality of financial statement disclosures to benchmark disclosures against competitors.
- 6. Communication with the Company's external auditors.
- 7. Maintain the related SOX documentation for financial reporting.
- 8. Network with other industry participants and regulators through conferences and forums to anticipate and communicate upcoming changes in financial reporting.
- 9. Participate in special projects, such as due diligence for acquisition targets, integration of subsidiaries post acquisition, debt issuance, etc.
- • 2-4 years of related experience, Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
- • Public Accounting / Audit experience is a plus.
- • Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Salary:$75,000 - $85,000 + Bonus
Location:West of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506