Senior Tax Accountant – Private Industry
In this position you will work on a combination or compliance and tax provision accounting work. It's a really diverse role with exposure to federal, state and local tax.
- 1) Prepare federal, state and local income tax returns for the Company and its subsidiares.
- 2) Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual Insurance Statutory Account (STAT), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) tax provisions.
- 3) Assist with continuous improvement efforts to streamline and automate our processes to allow for more analysis of results.
- 4) Assist with special tax projects and analysis.
- 1) Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required; Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification is preferred
- 2) 3+ years corporate tax compliance and tax accounting experience in public accounting and /or private industry
- 3) Working knowledge of U.S. property and casualty insurance taxation; Familiarity with IFRS
- 4) Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities and prioritize workload; Ability to work independently under tight deadlines; Solid communications skills (verbal and written)
- 5) Ability to adapt easily to company exclusive accounting software and reporting tools; Proficient with Microsoft Excel
Salary:Commensurate with Experience
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506