State and Local Tax Accountant
Our highly respected client is seeking an experienced State and Local Tax Accountant with 2-4 years of experience to join their team. The experience can be in public accounting or private industry.
- 1) Prepare, file and pay state and local taxes for the Company in a timely manner.
- 2) This includes but is not limited to sales, use, property, insurance premium, franchise, state and local income taxes.
- 3) Investigate and respond to inquiries from tax authorities and assist with internal and external tax audits.
- 4) Perform ad hoc tax research and analysis to stay current on new and revised tax law.
- 1) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required or equivalent work experience.
- 2) 2+ years’ experience with sales & use tax compliance.
- 3) Proficient with Microsoft Excel. Vertex and TriTech Premium Pro Software experience is a plus.
- 4) Ability to adapt easily to accounting software and reporting tools.
- 5) Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently.
- 6) Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
Salary:$65,000 - $80,000
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506