Vice President – Accounting Policies & Procedures
The VP of Accounting Policies & Procedures is responsible for researching, maintaining and communicating accounting policies, and serves as a key technical accounting and research specialist at the organization. This individual will monitor and communicate new accounting standards and their impact to the organization. This position will also proactively play a leadership role in the practical application and implementation of these new accounting standards. This person will play a critical role in reviewing SEC and other regulatory filings to ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC reporting rules and regulations.
He/she will also be an important business partner with deal teams and senior executives on new business transactions and other opportunities to ensure appropriate consideration of technical accounting ramifications and impact on the organization's financial statements. This person will work with key stakeholders to ensure accounting process risks have been identified, assessed and documented in accordance with SOX requirements.
- • Responsible for developing consistent and reliable accounting policies and procedures to prevent accounting risks from developing. Presents new accounting policies and changes to the organization's critical accounting policies to executive management as necessary.
- • Assist / lead implementation efforts for new accounting standards.
- • Provide technical position papers, research and memos for the organization in connection with significant non-routine transactions as well as any new products and services.
- • Monitor current accounting and regulatory developments and provide updates to senior management on the impact that new developments may have on the organization.
- • Consult with business units and external auditors on technical accounting matters and the application and development of accounting policies. Ensure that the accounting for all new products and services are US GAAP complaint.
- • Assist with the preparation of certain financial reporting disclosures (MD&A and Footnotes) for completed transactions and work closely with the financial reporting team to support the filing of quarterly and annual SEC and regulatory reports to ensure appropriate disclosures are made in accordance with US GAAP and regulatory disclosure rules and requirements.
- • Provide training to management and staff on accounting policies.
- 1) Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CPA Preferred
- 2) 5-8+ years of accounting experience
- 3) Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP
- 4) Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly
- 5) Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
Salary:$115,000 - $125,000 + Bonus
Location:West of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506