VP – Assistant Controller
This is an exciting leadership role reporting to the CFO. Support the Controller across all functions supporting accounting and control processes. Assist Controller in providing leadership, strategic direction and functional expertise to all aspects of accounting, financial reporting (GAAP, statutory, actuarial and reinsurance) and operational control processes. Accountable for the balance sheet, income statement and establishing accounting policy while maintaining a strong internal control environment. Responsible for preparation of all management reporting and analysis requiring significant communication and/or reporting to the CFO, CEO and Rating Agency Relations.
- 1) Support all corporate accounting functions (e.g. close management, STAT/GAAP/management/variable product reporting, capital transactions, general ledger).
- 2) Lead, oversee and direct the production of financial reporting deliverables and accompanying analysis.
- 3) Interact with actuaries as it related to financial reporting that relies on actuarial processes.
- 4) Coordination of company financial planning, business planning and budget management.
- 5) Assist in onboarding of new acquisitions within the shared services model.
- 6) Primary liaison to internal and external auditors
- 7) Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls in compliance with applicable Federal, state and international laws and other requirements.
- 8) Perform other special projects as assigned.
- 1) CPA with Bachelor's in Accounting or related field, MBA a plus
- 2) 8-10+ years of public accounting and reporting experience with significant life insurance experience (Big 4 firm experience a plus)
- 3) Corporate accounting and reporting in a technical or management role within the industry required; expertise in technical accounting
- 4) In-depth understanding of STAT and GAAP accounting requirements and internal/external financial reporting
- 5) Superior leadership and management skills for both managed staff and matrixed partners
- 6) Strong communication skills; ability to effectively articulate and customize the message at various levels
- 7) Strong project management skills and a high standard for quality and attention to detail
- 8) Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
$150,000 - $180,000 + 20% Target Bonus