Controller – Insurance Industry
This is an exciting leadership role reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO). Support the CAO across all functions supporting accounting and control processes. Assist in providing leadership, strategic direction and functional expertise to all aspects of accounting, financial reporting (GAAP, statutory, actuarial and reinsurance) and operational control processes. Accountable for the balance sheet, income statement and establishing accounting policy while maintaining a strong internal control environment. Responsible for preparation of all management reporting and analysis requiring significant communication and/or reporting to the CFO, CEO and Rating Agency Relations.
- 1) Provide leadership, oversight and direction to the comprehensive production of financial reporting deliverables and accompanying analysis.
- 2) Take ownership of corporate accounting functions that could include: insurance/non-insurance accounting, close management, statutory/GAAP/management/variable product/broker dealer reporting, capital transactions, expenses and general ledger.
- 3) Establish and maintain and effective system of internal controls over financial process and reporting.
- 4) Interpret and analyze operating and financial results and provide insight to senior management.
- 5) Creative problem solver who inspires team to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- 6) Provide thought leadership and collaboration in the coordination of company financial planning, business planning and budget management.
- 7) Primary liaison to internal and external auditors.
- 8) Perform other special projects as assigned.
- 1) CPA with Bachelor's in Accounting or related field, MBA a plus
- 2) 8-10+ years of public accounting and reporting experience with significant life insurance experience (Big 4 firm experience a plus)
- 3) Expertise in technical accounting
- 4) In-depth understanding of STAT and GAAP accounting requirements and internal/external financial reporting
- 5) Superior leadership and management skills for both managed staff and matrixed partners
- 6) Strong communication skills; ability to effectively articulate and customize the message at various levels
- 7) Strong project management skills and a high standard for quality and attention to detail
- 8) Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
Salary:$180,000 - $220,000 + 20% Target Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506