Excellent opportunity for a future leader to be part of a growing accounting department and develop organizational processes to sustain and create flexibility as business needs change.
- 1) Monthly journal entries, closing activities and account reconciliations related to various accounts, including but not limited to the following: Leases; Insurance (AL/GL, Property, Workers’ Compensation, Group Insurance, etc.); Quarterly accruals; Departmental allocations including inter-company charge backs and miscellaneous entries supporting the business units
- 2) Month end reporting including but not limited to the following: Monthly and quarterly balance sheet analysis and reporting; Miscellaneous deliverables to support disclosures for 10-Q/10-K
- 3) Participate in process improvement activities related to all central accounting functions as required, i.e. journal entry automation, support finance transformation, other automation efforts.
- 4) Contribute to CAS (Central Accounting Services) by bringing innovative solutions within the knowledge base and work of the department.
- 5) Support Subsidiary and/or Corporate accounts regarding any questions or ad hoc requests as required.
- 1) Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2) 3+ years of experience in Accounting or related field
- 3) Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- 4) Familiarity with US GAAP
- 5) Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- 6) Experience in SAP and/or HFM is a plus
- 7) Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
Salary:$70,000 - $85,000
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506