Associate Director – International Tax Accounting and Planning
Our client is seeking an Associate Director of International Tax Accounting and Planning to be responsible for the U.S. aspects of international tax and global tax planning. This position will participate in the identification and implementation of international effective tax rate and cash flow savings opportunities; international tax aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations; and training, mentoring and developing other Tax department members. Additionally, the Associate Director of International Tax Accounting and Planning will be responsible for technical review of various tax calculations (federal, international and partnership). The Associate Director of International Tax Accounting and Planning will also interface with core finance functions including technical accounting, business development, legal, treasury, and other leaders across a number of non-US locations.
- • Implement projects related to company’s international structure. These strategies may involve minimization of U.S income taxes, foreign income taxes and withholding taxes, effective utilization of foreign tax credits, and tax-efficient repatriation.
- • Review and model the tax impacts of tax planning initiatives and their impact on the Company’s effective tax rate including the tax impacts under ASC 740, as well as other areas with domestic and global tax consequences.
- • Assist in the management of foreign tax audits, especially on issues related to cross-border transactions.
- • Assist in management of international tax aspects of the Company’s IRS audits.
- • Evaluate and advise management on the international income tax consequences of legislative developments, as well as current and proposed transactions.
- • Assist in management of the international aspects of the U.S. GAAP quarterly and year-end tax provision, including review of the GILTI computation.
- • Manage US international tax compliance which include foreign tax credit calculation (Form 1118), foreign affiliate information returns (Forms 5471), foreign disregarded entity returns (Forms 8858), and other international compliance returns.
- • Manage SOX processes and documentation related to international tax matters.
- • BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA, and a Masters in Taxation or J.D./LLM is preferred.
- • 10+ years of public accounting experience, with a preference to Big 4 firms.
- • Significant tax accounting (ASC 740), partnership tax, and international taxation experience.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- • Ability to manage and lead both employees and/or outside consultants.
- • Strong issue/opportunity recognition skills which will directly materially impact the long term corporate strategic direction, growth, and earnings of the company.
Salary:$150-190K + Bonus + Equity
Location:South of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506