Controller, Family Office
Our client is a diversified real estate development, construction and property management firm that has been in business for nearly 100 years. The firm has invested in and developed a wide variety of assets, including medical, commercial, multi-family residential and educational facilities. They have also completed a number of historic renovations on prominent landmark properties in central Connecticut. The firm is led by the third generation of the founding family and has a culture of entrepreneurship, loyalty and community involvement.
Reporting to the Principal, the incoming Controller, Family Office will provide hands-on management and coordination of all issues related to tax planning & reporting, insurance & risk management, financial planning, accounting and legal activities for the family. This is a high-profile role that will offer the successful candidate significant opportunities in an environment where they can achieve an enviable work/life balance.
- • Conducting due diligence on significant investments being evaluated.
- • Ensuring accurate and timely filing of federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- • Reviewing insurance policies and making recommendations to enhance overall coverage.
- • Accurate and timely reporting of the books and records for family investments, purchases and operating expenses.
- • Preparation of investment performance & net worth reports and expense analysis.
- • Managing the interactions with banks, fund managers, tax advisors, attorneys and other outside consultants.
- • Implementing and maintaining financial controls.
- • Assisting with various planning functions including cash flow management and estate/gift planning.
- 1) The incoming Controller, Family Office will have at least eight years of professional experience that includes significant time spent in public accounting. It will be important for candidates to have had both tax and audit exposure while in public accounting.
- 2) Prior experience with estates and in the review of contracts (leases, employment, operating agreements, investment subscriptions, etc.) will also be helpful.
- 3) In addition to high degrees of integrity and discretion, candidates will have a polished presentation and the confidence necessary to work alongside highly-driven and successful people.
- 4) They will have excellent time management skills and be highly adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
Salary:The successful candidate will earn a competitive base salary, be eligible for a performance bonus and will participate in a generous benefits package.
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506