Director of Corporate Accounting
Our client is a fast growing company with a national presence. The Director of Corporate Accounting reports to the VP, Head of Accounting and is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for the Company. S/he leads a team of 15+ people, promoting the company’s people-first, - servant leadership culture while meeting stakeholder and client demands monthly and ongoing for financial reporting.
- • Responsible for leading and coordinating the monthly accounting close, including direct responsibility for recording Parent level transactions and adjustments.
- • Coach and mentor regional and corporate accounting staff, and review and approve their work as applicable.
- • Ensure data integrity of the general ledger and financial reporting systems.
- • Help prepare monthly financial reporting summaries.
- • Streamline, maintain & improve processes and internal controls and ensure staff compliance, including all balance sheet reconciliations.
- • Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate treatment in the financial statements.
- • Oversees the annual financial audit process with the expectation of an unqualified opinion and issuance of financial statements within 8 weeks of year-end.
- • Key stakeholder in new ERP system integration efforts.
- • Assist in the adoption of ASC 842.
- • Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- • Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- • 10-12 years in an accounting or financial reporting role, with at least three years of direct oversight / management of a sizeable team.
- • Experience in public accounting preferred, preferably in a large national firm.
- • Experience with process improvements and other internal cost saving initiatives.
- • Effective leader with excellent oral and written communication.
- • A go-getter with a positive can-do attitude, team player, sense of humor, and a roll-up-my-sleeves mentality.
- • Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to think on your feet.
Salary:$140,000 - $160,000 + 20% Bonus Potential
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506