Experienced Staff Internal Auditor (0-15% Travel)
Our client is a well respected Fortune 500 company. This is a great role for an auditor currently in public accounting that wants to transition to industry. You will see many different parts of the company and after 1-2 years, it's your choice to rotate into an accounting/finance role or to remain in internal audit. Under moderate supervision, you will participate in audits and compliance reviews of various company business functions. Identify risks and controls, execute specific testing procedures, and document results and conclusions reached. Follow department methodology and assist in development of written issues and recommendations for the business.
- 1) Participates in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- 2) Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and systems and data integrity.
- 3) Develops and executes specific testing procedures and documents test results for assigned sections of audits/projects.
- 4) Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- 5) Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- 1) Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business; 2-4 years of audit experience in public accounting or internal audit
- 2) Working knowledge of risk assessment, accounting, and auditing principles
- 3) Introductory understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls
- 4) Basic knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- 5) Ability to plan ahead and organize tasks, manage time well, be on time and be cost conscious
- 6) Ability to demonstrate effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
- 7) Travel in the 10-15% range
$70,000 - $82,000
Greater Hartford, CT