Internal Audit Manager
Our Fortune 500 client company is seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for executing all aspects of audits of operational and financial functions across the company. Through assessment of the entity's control environment, identifies areas for improvement and recommends corrective actions to the business. Provides training and coaching to team members throughout audit engagements and other projects.
- 1) Plans, leads and ensures execution of the audits of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted accounting and auditing standards. Leads Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews and performs business monitoring.
- 2) Develops audit plans, programs and specific tests to evaluate control areas. Has supervisory responsibility for review of work performed and acts as a lead reviewer to manage audit projects. Independently assesses the effectiveness of controls, determines the potential impact of any control failure and recommends corrective action to the business.
- 3) Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology. Reviews workpapers to determine completion and adherence to standards. Writes audit reports with minimal supervision. Performs regular business monitoring of the Company's business functions by maintaining ongoing relationships with key members of business management, attending meetings and reviewing documentation.
- 4) Monitors the status of existing corrective actions and schedules validation of completed corrective actions. Ensures that all parts of each audit are completed, in addition to monitoring and reporting time incurred versus time budgeted. Identifies emerging industry issues and assesses any implications for the company.
- 5) Assists the Program Director with preparation of the quarterly audit results summary presented to business management. The summary includes the results of recent audits and the status of issues and corrective action plans. Proactively trains and develops staff in the application of various audit and risk assessment techniques and accounting principles as well as coaches team members to enhance their capabilities and career development.
- 6) Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1) BA/BS in business-related field. Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or related certification.
- 2) 6+ years of work experience in either internal audit. a Big 4 firm or the insurance industry. Thorough knowledge of risk assessment and accounting and auditing principles.
- 3) Advanced knowledge of insurance business, accounting, systems and products. Intermediate understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls as well as the insurance industry. Intermediate knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Intermediate understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- 4) Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques. Ability to leverage CAATs to improve audit test efficiencies and effectiveness. Leadership: Advanced ability to work on multiple projects concurrently. Advanced ability to streamline work processes and assist in the development of department standards.
- 5) Openness to influence, flexibility and self-awareness. Ability to act as a role model and motivate others to take initiative and use intuitive thinking. Ability to embrace change and drive improvement and innovation. Communication: Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely; disseminate information about decisions, plans and activities. Ability to articulate messages to business management through formal and informal presentations. Advanced ability to write and edit clear and concise work papers and reports.
Salary:$100,000 - $130,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506