The successful candidate will seek opportunities to grow with the organization as he/she supports the completion of audits to assess risks related to accounting practices, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and compliance with government regulations. The candidate will report to the Audit Manager and have opportunities to work directly with many of our finance leaders, including the segment VPs and the head of internal audit.
The successful candidate will find numerous opportunities to experience the Company's operations throughout the United States, Germany, and England (+/- 15% travel); however, with a focus on balance, the majority of our audit procedures are conducted from our corporate headquarters in Bloomfield, CT.
- • Perform audit procedures over the financial records of various departments, divisions, and subsidiaries of the Company in order to identify risks and assess compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Audit procedures include tests of internal control effectiveness, substantive procedures, estimates at completion (“EACs”), financial statement reviews, etc.
- • Assist in the preparation and submission of clearly written and comprehensive reports on the results of audits and reviews.
- • Work closely with the Internal Audit team and all levels of management to identify areas of improvement and develop recommended remediation plans. Through these interactions, develop a professional network at the Company to cultivate career opportunities.
- • Review management’s quarterly SOX testing and support users of our web-based SOX compliance application.
- • Assist in special projects, including implementation of SOX at newly acquired entities, due diligence for potential acquisition candidates, ERP implementations, etc.
- • Cooperate with external auditors, as directed, in any undertaking which may expedite their work. Cooperation should be agreed upon by management, external auditors and the Audit Committee.
- • One to two years of experience in a public accounting firm, in an internal audit department, or in a financial analysis role preferred.
- • Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of general accounting practices and internal control or Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- • Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- • An inquisitive, analytical mindset with attention to detail.
- • Must be a quick learner who will ask questions and engage in the process.
Salary:$60,000 - $65,000
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506