IT Auditor (Hybrid)
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) at our client seeks an IT auditor that will support the Internal Audit function by performing various IT audits, assessments and special projects within a diverse processing environment. Interest and aptitude in supporting data analytics by extracting, interpreting, analyzing, and reporting on various types of data is highly desirable.
The mission of the Internal Audit Department (IAD) is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve operations. IAD helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of internal control, risk management, and governance processes.
Internal Audit uses a systematic approach for analyzing a wide range of business processes and procedures to assist management in meeting business objectives. Internal Audit makes recommendations for improvement and shares ideas based on their audits and investigations, including those that could increase profitability.
- • Self-starter that conducts audits by following The Institute of Internal Auditors "International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing”.
- • Identifies IT risks and exposures, evaluates internal controls, and recommends practical, value-added solutions that Eversource management can implement.
- • Actively supports the continued development of a data analytics and data extractions program from various company systems to support audits within the department.
- • Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and reviews Company systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations and reports and determine whether the organization is in compliance.
- • Development and/or execution of audit programs (containing detailed tests to satisfy audit objectives), designing specialized audit tests (i.e., sampling methods, computerized tests), and development of project schedules to meet defined objectives.
- • Prepares the audit findings and audit report and communicates audit results to auditees, Internal Audit department and management.
- • Maintains an appropriate degree of objectivity in conducting audits.
- • A Bachelor's Degree in a related area (e.g., information technology, data analytics, mathematics, computer science) ; Advanced degree or relevant certifications not required but preferred (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA)
- • 2+ years of IT audit or related IT experience.
- • Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience collaborating and presenting data to peers and management
Salary:$90,000 - $115,000 + Bonus
Location:Hybrid (2 days in office per week) - Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506