Manager – Internal Audit
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies in the U.S. The Company's internal audit teams conduct risk-based audits and recommend strategic solutions to the Company business units. Working closely with business unit management, the Internal Audit group utilizes the latest audit techniques and technologies to ensure that they are conducting value-added audits.
As a Manager of Internal Audit, you will provide coaching and guidance to audit teams that perform reviews of critical business processes, evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls and identifying potential process improvement opportunities.
After 18-24 months, you will have the opportunity to rotate out of audit into an accounting/finance role or remain within the department.
- • Manage 2 or more audits at a time each consisting of 1-4 auditors per engagement
- • Assess risk of key business processes resulting in the preparation of audit plans and specific audit programs
- • Prepare clear, concise audit reports
- • Present audit conclusions and recommendations to senior management
- • Assist regional directors in various special projects addressing specific risks identified throughout the organization
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related business disciplines. CPA, MBA will be considered a strong plus, but not required
- • Strong audit and accounting background with 10 plus years of progressively responsible experience with Big 4 or regional public accounting firms, internal audit or government accounting with exposure to a manufacturing environment
- • Willing to travel 20-25% on average
- • Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to work effectively across all levels and functions within the business and can easily manage a co-source relationship with third party audit firm when applicable
- • Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse teams toward operational efficiencies
- • Strong oral and written communication skills and proven presentation skills
$120,000 - $145,000 + Bonus Potential
Greater Hartford, CT