The Controller acts as a partner to the General Manager by supporting and advising on all aspects of the business. The Controller translates initiatives and improvement efforts into tangible financial impacts to the P&L and Balance Sheet, along with tracking the financial progress of these initiatives. The Controller is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, internal control systems and protection of assets against loss. This role reports directly to the General Manager and is a key member of the management team.
This is a 100% on-site position.
- • Responsible for managing and completing the month, quarter, and year-end close and financial reporting for the plant. Assure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, corporate accounting policy and government regulations.
- • Plan and coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecast, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system) and analyzes and reports variances.
- • Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters related to financial performance and operating effectiveness of the company. Works closely with Manufacturing Operations to identify improvement opportunities and provide continual feedback for production optimization.
- • Accountable for guiding and directing financial and control activities for the company in a manner designed to protect assets, meet reporting requirements, provide timely meaningful reports of company operations and effectively plan for and audit the financial needs of the company.
- • Coordinate activities with external auditors to assure timely and economical review of business unit financial data.
- • Establish policies and procedures for the effective recording, analyzing and reporting of all financial matters. This function encompasses corporate profit analysis, taxes, auditing, consolidated financial reporting, and functional control over the accounting and control activities. Responsible for data integrity of all financial controls, including but not limited to product costing, general ledger and balance sheet.
- • Supervise and direct the financial management group at the plant which includes hiring, performance evaluations, salary administration and other personnel related functions.
- • BS in Accounting or Finance with an MBA or CPA preferred.
- • 6-8 years of successful financial management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- • Thorough knowledge of financial accounting, capital investment analysis and management accounting.
- • Strong analytical skills.
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- • Knowledge of budgeting, planning, cost accounting, and internal controls.
- • Ability to assess risks and balance costs with benefits.
- • Ability to comprehend broad business issues and accomplish objectives through others.
Salary:$135,000 - $175,000 + Annual Bonus up to 45% + Long Term Incentive Compensation
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506