SEC Reporting Manager
The SEC Reporting Manager is responsible for the oversight, preparation and review of external financial reporting for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings (10-K, 10-Q, 11-K, etc.). The position is also responsible for providing technical accounting support on complex business transactions and financial statement disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- • Responsible for the quarterly preparation, review, and filing of corporate financial statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission (10-Qs, 10-Ks, other SEC filings, etc.).
- • Provide technical support to members of Finance, Accounting, and business unit constituents on the treatment of accounting issues in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- • Research and document technical accounting issues for senior management and business unit constituents.
- • Work with business units and support groups to develop and establish ownership of disclosures for newly adopted accounting standards.
- • Work to continuously improve the quality of financial statement disclosures to benchmark disclosures against competitors.
- • Manage the Company's external auditor relationship.
- • Maintain the related SOX documentation for financial reporting.
- • Network with other industry participants and regulators through conferences and forums to anticipate and communicate upcoming changes in financial reporting.
- • Participate in special projects, such as due diligence for acquisition targets, integration of subsidiaries post acquisition, debt issuance, etc.
- • 5-7+ plus years of related experience; including supervisory experience with strong ability to mentor and develop personnel.
- • Bachelor's degree in accounting and CPA preferred.
- • Public Accounting / Audit experience strongly preferred.
- • Ability to manage a project including development and tracking of timelines/action plans
- • Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Salary:$120,000 - $140,000 + Bonus
Location:West of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506