Our growing client is looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying the Company's financial transactions. Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial results and budgets. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
- • Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- • Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- • Maintains general ledger; preparing a trial balance; and reconciling entries.
- • Participating in internal and external financial audits
- • Preparing and assisting in the monthly close process
- • Implementing and following internal controls
- • Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience
- • Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- • Computer proficiency skills in Microsoft Excel/Access
- • Attention to detail and thoroughness
Salary:$60,000 - $65,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Springfield, MA
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506