Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting
As a member of the Financial Reporting team, the senior accountant will work in a collaborative group responsible for preparation of SEC reports, including the annual report on Form 10-K and the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and other audited financial statements.
- 1) Collect and analyze financial data, prepare workpapers, and review workpapers supporting financial statement disclosures, ensuring all reporting is in compliance with GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements.
- 2) Collaborate with other functional groups and obtains the information necessary to draft the appropriate language for footnotes, MD&A and other critical disclosures in the 10-K and 10-Q.
- 3) Research and interpret complex GAAP accounting standards and complicated new transactions entered into by the Company and document accounting positions, as well as participate in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements or SEC rules and regulations.
- 4) Other responsibilities include preparation and/or review of ad hoc reporting deliverables, keeping current on new GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, review XBRL instance documents, and special projects as necessary.
- 5) Work closely with various departments throughout the organization, including SEC legal counsel and investor relations, to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting matters.
- 1) A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5 to 7 years of related experience required with at least 4 of those years in a Big Four or regional public accounting firm with SEC experience. An MBA is desirable, and CPA designation is preferred.
- 2) Knowledge of SEC regulations, FASB standards and GAAP affecting accounting and financial reporting required.
- 3) Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302 disclosure controls and procedures surrounding the SEC reporting process required.
- 4) Strong research and analytical skills, exceptional written communication skills of highly technical subject matter, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- 5) Excellent spoken communication, judgment, adaptability/flexibility and teamwork skills are necessary.
Salary:$95,000 - $115,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506