Senior Accountant – Financial Services Company
Our SEC client is looking for a Senior Accountant to perform the daily accounting and review of the Company’s direct investment and portfolio as well as assist with general accounting operations across the organization by performing month-end close procedures, coordinating accounting activities and verifying financial transactions. The candidate must be detail-oriented, highly organized member of a cohesive team who can collaborate with all levels of management and perform under pressure. A successful Senior Accountant will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- 1) Perform accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- 2) Verify accuracy of journal entries, account balances, and accounting classifications within various reports. Assure that all reports and disclosures comply with applicable regulatory requirements, professional standards, and internal policies and procedures.
- 3) Record all accounting entries and reporting related to the direct investments
- 4) Perform the funding of all new and existing direct investments via wire or ACH.
- 5) Coordinate the month/quarter end general ledger closing process.
- 6) Prepare analytical reviews of financial statements during closing process.
- 7) Follow up on accounting/system issues that affect the company and recommend improvements to work flow and systems to management.
- 8) Ensure the integrity of financial statements. Ensure that financial statements an in compliance with GAAP, company policies, accounting and SOX control procedures, and governmental requirements.
- 9) Assists and provide support with the annual external audit and budget processes.
- 1) Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2) 2-4 years of accounting or audit experience in public accounting or private industry
Salary:$75,000 - $100,000 + Bonus
Location:West of Hartford, CT - Hybrid schedule
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506