Cost Accounting Analyst
The Cost Accounting Analyst will provide timely and accurate financial reporting to the organization as it relates to the consolidation of financial and cost data, in order to support the team in operational management and decision making. This will involve analysis and interpretation of actual results in line with corporate reporting deadlines, in addition to providing accurate forecasts and budgets.
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence and requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined.
- Provide support for monthly closing process, annual operating plans, monthly forecasts, overhead and expense analysis, inventory management, variance analysis and physical inventory
- Analyzes monthly sales, margin and backlog reports.
- Identify, communicate and collaborate in identifying business risks and executing opportunities
- Review departmental spending versus plan with management and assist in identifying solutions to fix variances
- Analyze financial results and provide a detailed gap analysis of variance to plan, forecast, and prior period results for sales, operating income, EBIT, cost center spending and working capital
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad-hoc reports and models to support decision making
- Provide support to Internal and External Auditors as required
- Maintains the company’s cost accounting system; makes recommendations for improvement if needed.
- Provides cost estimating for new and existing products and participates in cost reduction initiatives.
- Prepares and analyzes specific accounting statements and reports to assist in the preparation of financial statements, and other internal and external reports as required.
- Performs and coordinates all cycle and physical inventory counts and analyzes variances.
- Assist in developing overhead and labor standards.
- Coordinates and standardizes all sites’ cost accounting reports and activities
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years related accounting experience
- Strong cost accounting understanding
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong computer proficiency – Microsoft and ERP systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive and results driven
Salary:$80,000 - $90,000
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506