Senior Director, Internal Audit
As the Sr Director, Audit, you will provide strategic vision to a team of auditors that are responsible for a small portfolio of audit entities. You will use your understanding of the business to develop an audit plan, budget resources, and monitor results. You will collaborate with other Program Directors and colleagues at all leadership levels while managing a team of auditors.
- • Manage a team that executes audit work for a business unit or functional area within the Company.
- • Manage audit, business monitoring, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, external auditor support, and assurance initiatives being completed by the program team, ensuring timely and quality deliverables, proper staffing, and coordination with other Corporate Audit resources as necessary.
- • Develop communications and documentation and ensure they are in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and methodology.
- • Build and maintain positive business relationships with management, external auditors and Corporate Audit peers.
- • Champion continuous improvement of Corporate Audit by mentoring and developing Corporate Audit talent, providing constructive feedback to improve individual performance within Corporate Audit and adding value to business management by acting as a risk advisor.
- • Recommend and execute strategies and efficiencies that are aligned with enterprise-wide goals and capabilities while taking into account industry best practices.
- • Meet with business management regularly to discuss the status of the Audit Plan and any other key issues.
- • Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field; Eight or more years of property casualty or auditing experience; Five years of experience leading projects and teams.
- • Strong knowledge of insurance business, accounting, systems and products with an understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls.
- • Thorough knowledge of risk assessment, auditing principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- • Strong understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- • Ability to embrace change and drive improvement and innovation; excellent communication, collaboration and relationship building skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to leadership in relevant business terms.
Salary:$150,000 - $165,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT; Hybrid schedule
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506