Senior Investment Accounting Analyst
Our client manages fixed income and equity investment portfolios for insurance company clients and private wealth investors, with nearly $20 billion in Assets Under Management. They currently have an opening for a Senior Investment Accounting Analyst. The position involves providing and maintaining securities accounting and reporting for institutional insurance clients, as well as private wealth accounts, on a STAT/GAAP basis, with the ability to operate within a deadline driven environment and deliver exceptional client service. Strong interpersonal skills are required as there is frequent contact and interaction with clients and all levels within the organization including Senior Management, Portfolio Managers and Strategists, IT and Systems Development. This position also shares responsibility for the integrity and timeliness of financial data and for ensuring the safeguarding of assets through proper control applications.
- • Prepare, analyze, and deliver monthly reporting within established client deadlines.
- • Preparation of quarterly and annual Schedule D regulatory reports and corresponding footnote disclosures and interrogatories.
- • Provide technical support and advice on accounting records, policies and procedures.
- • Identify and help develop enhancements to the accounting and systems workflow.
- • Establish and maintain quality client communications and relationships.
- • Maintain and review client investment activity.
- • Provide responses to ad-hoc requests from clients, consultants, auditors and internal professionals.
- • BS Degree in Accounting or Finance; minimum 6 years investment accounting experience
- • Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- • Knowledge of back office operations; strong Knowledge of securities investments; strong knowledge of Statutory reporting, Schedule D and annual statements
- • Experience with CAMRA, PAM or other insurance accounting systems; Microsoft Reporting Services and new report development a plus
- • Excel experience with pivot tables, VLOOKUP and macros a plus
Salary:$95,000 - $120,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506