Senior Investment Accounting Analyst
The Senior Investment Accounting Analyst position will be responsible for analyzing and reporting the investment results of the Company. Primary responsibilities include supporting SEC and internal management reporting. In addition, the department performs the invested asset impairment process. The position provides a macro overview of the invested asset portfolio with significant exposure to various investment sectors and asset classes. This process includes significant interaction with portfolio management, enterprise risk management and other Investment Finance functional heads.
- • Preparation and analysis of investment sections of the 10Q’s, 10K’s Investor Financial Supplement, and the Financial Results Presentation. Candidate should be familiar with GAAP investment reporting standards and be able to apply this knowledge in the preparation of investment disclosures.
- • Develop, support and maintain information delivery related to invested asset portfolio trends, income impacts of trading decisions.
- • The preparation of journal entries to consolidate variable interest entities onto financial statements.
- • Assist in identification of potential impairment candidates via quantitative modeling and discussions with security analysts and sector heads. Assist in the preparation of the quarterly impairment presentation to the impairment committee. Candidate should have a familiarity with structured securities.
- • Drive automation improvements across a variety of functions by utilizing the TM1 Application and other platforms.
- • Assist in the research and implementation of new investment accounting guidance.
- • Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred
- • 3-5 years experience, preferably in a Big 4 firm or industry related profession
- • CPA/CFA or desire to pursue further degree/designation a plus
- • GAAP investment accounting & reporting experience preferred. Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- • Strong knowledge of capital markets with a desire to continue learning in a rapidly changing environment
- • Well developed analytical, communication, and documentation skills
- • Proven track record of taking initiative to research and resolve issues
$75,000 - $85,000 + Bonus
Greater Hartford, CT