Manager, Federal Tax
Our client is seeking a motivated individual to join its Corporate Tax Department in the company headquarters as Manager, Federal Tax (depending on experience). The Company's Tax Department is a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment. The Manager, Federal Tax will report to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Tax, and will focus on the Company’s domestic tax compliance and financial reporting obligations in accordance with ASC 740. The ideal candidate is collaborative, organized, responsive, flexible and can handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
- • Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of the Company’s federal tax return and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- • Assist with the planning and development of the overall tax return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- • Manage preparation and/or review of various special project areas of the federal tax return which may include the following: inventory calculations, R&D credit, transaction cost studies, equity based compensation.
- • Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company's U.S. federal income tax return and other related tax documents.
- • Prepare/review quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions.
- • Collaborate with members of the finance organization to analyze significant book transactions and determine the applicable tax treatment in accordance with the relevant tax authority.
- • Collaborate with the planning group to determine U.S. income tax compliance and reporting obligations emanating from the implementation of strategic tax planning strategies.
- • Prepare/review components of the U.S. federal quarterly and annual tax reporting deliverables in accordance with ASC 740.
- • Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- • Bachelor's degree in accounting or other related business disciplines required
- • CPA and/or Master's degree in tax or accounting a plus
- • Corporate Tax Experience (6-8 years) in Public Accounting and/or U.S. multi-national corporation
- • Strong knowledge of ASC 740 Income Taxes
- • Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills
- • Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- • Strong ability to utilize project management to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
Salary:$120,000 - $140,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506