Senior Tax Manager – SEC Co.
Our client is seeking a Senior Manager of Tax to perform tax technical research and provide technical support for topics relating to tax accounting (ASC 740) and effective tax rate forecasting and scenario modeling. This position will be responsible for providing research on various areas of tax accounting (ASC 740), forecasting and scenario modeling of the long-term effective tax rate, technical review of various tax calculations (federal, international and partnership), drafting technical memorandums to support tax positions, and managing various projects as they arise. The Senior Manager of Tax will interface with core finance functions including accounting, business development, legal, treasury, and other leaders across the global organization.
- • Forecast and maintain a dynamic model of the long-term effective tax rate based on internal income projections.
- • Model effective tax rate implications of proposed domestic and international tax laws, potential tax planning initiatives, and other various one-time transactions.
- • Assist in the preparation of the tax accounting (ASC 740) implications related to tax planning and other one-time transactions for incorporation in the Company’s consolidated financial statements.
- • Assist in the adoption of new accounting standards and their impact on deferred taxes.
- • Assist in the preparation and/or review of various aspects of the tax provision on a quarterly basis.
- • Provide technical analysis in all areas of tax (Sub C, Sub K, and International), with a focus on the international tax aspects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and tax accounting considerations under ASC 740, as well as other areas with domestic and global tax consequences to the Company.n.
- • Assist with tax purchase accounting associated with M&A activity.
- • Draft tax accounting research memorandums supporting the proper tax accounting treatment of material transactions.
- • Review and assist with complex aspects of the U.S. income tax return.
- • BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA, and a Masters in Taxation is preferred.
- • 8+ years of public accounting and/or industry experience, with a preference to Big 4 firms.
- • Significant tax accounting (ASC 740), partnership tax, and international taxation experience.
- • Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with writing technical memorandums.
- • Must have strong analytical and technical skills.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
Salary:$120-165K + Bonus + Equity
Location:South of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506