SOX Compliance Manager
Manage end-to-end coordination and review of assigned processes in accordance with SOX Program standards, including the review of test of design and operating effectiveness workpapers documented by staff members. Lead walkthroughs with Management and review process narratives, flowcharts, and risk control matrices. Report on testing and deficiency remediation status. Perform detailed review over evaluation of SOC 1 reports. Maintain SOX platform and ensure data is up-to-date.
- • Play a critical role in the continued enhancement of the SOX program in response to a changing control environment and changing processes and technology within the Company.
- • Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact for lines of business.
- • Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements and facilitating discussions on controls.
- • Collaborate with business line partners to review SOX documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed.
- • Ensure SOX documentation is accurate, reflects current process, and addresses key financial reporting risks.
- • Review, and occasionally complete, SOX testing for key controls identified in the walkthrough process. Coordinate testing approach and align expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and allows for reliance by the external auditors.
- • Mentor team members and review workpapers to ensure they meet department guidelines.
- • Manage communication with external auditors and serve as a liaison between external audit and lines of business.
- 1) Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- 2) 5-7 years of related experience, public accounting or SOX experience required
- 3) Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
- 4) CPA or CIA designation preferred
Salary:$100,000-$115,000 + 10% Target Bonus
Location:Hybrid - West of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506