SOX Senior Associate
Perform comprehensive reviews of business processes to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place. Make recommendations to enhance controls and/or improve documentation while ensuring that work is performed in compliance with SOX requirements and properly documented and supported. Collaborate with business partners to review and update SOX documentation and complete testing over key controls.
- 1. Collaborate with business line partners to review SOX documentation (risk and control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed. Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current procedures.
- 2. Complete SOX testing in assigned areas, including assessment of design through walkthroughs and testing of operating effectiveness. Ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards and allows for reliance by the external auditors.
- 3. Manage testing requests and organize source documentation.
- 4. Assist SOX Manager in researching and assessing deficiencies identified and follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
- 5. Support external auditor requests and during the annual audit.
- 6. Assist in the review and mapping of SOC 1 reports.
- 7. Participate in the annual risk assessment process.
- 1) Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 2) 2-4 years of related experience, public accounting or SOX experience strongly preferred
- 3) Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
- 4) CPA or CIA designation strongly preferred
Salary:$75,000 - $100,000
Location:West of Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506