Strategic Corporate Ventures Accountant
In this position you will support, maintain, and work with corporate accounting personnel to execute all aspects of the accounting and reporting of Strategic Corporate Ventures (SCV) as well as support Investment Accounting.
- 1) IFRS-based accounting for venture capital investments and traditional investments
- 2) Internal financial reporting to management
- 3) Compliance with internal accounting policy and assistance with the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process.
- 4) Special projects as assigned
- 1) Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, working towards CPA
- 2) 2+ years accounting experience in investment accounting, preferably in an insurance environment; working knowledge and understanding of investment accounting and related accounting and reporting practices
- 3) An understanding of investment accounting, including but not limited to valuation techniques; ability to read, interpret, and implement accounting policy statements and deal documents with respect to venture capital / investment accounting
- 4) Self-motivated and directed; strong oral and written communication skills
- 5) Ability to work creatively and independently, yet also collaboratively within a team environment. Strong interpersonal/team building skills, problem solving/analytical skills.
Salary:$65,000 - $80,000 + Bonus
Location:Greater Hartford, CT
Contact Us to Discuss this Position
Phone Contact: 860.249.7120
Career Moves, LLC
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103-4506