The Tax Supervisor will supervise the daily compliance operations of the tax department; preparation of consolidated federal tax return, applicable state tax returns, and quarterly estimated tax payments utilizing applicable compliance, and respond to notices. The Supervisor will advise and support the Director of Controlling and CFO in corporate tax research, planning, and federal and state tax audits. Prepare and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports in conformance with Company and Group reporting and procedural guidelines.
- • Manage the day-to-day tax compliance operations of the tax department, coordinating U.S. Federal and U.S. International tax compliance to ensure the related tax compliance output will provide an accurate and timely filed federal consolidated tax return
- • Coordinate the Company’s professional service providers for federal and state returns.
- • Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements for State and Local sales and use taxes and GST & VAT returns.
- • Identify and research of federal and state tax issues
- • Maintain files of resale certificates; assist with sales / use tax audits
- • Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- • Business license filings and renewals & filing of property tax returns
- • Supervise both staff and senior accountants, provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress, offer guidance and direction.
- 1) Minimum three (3) year work experience required including experience with U.S. federal and state income tax compliance.
- 2) Knowledge of federal and state tax laws.
- 3) Well organized and be able to handle multiple tasks, work as a team player and communicate effectively
- 4) Strong PC skills are essential to include knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables)
- 5) Experience using supporting systems such as SAP, sales tax tools are beneficial
- 6) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from four-year college or university, Masters in Tax a plus.
$95,000 - $110,000 + Bonus
Greater Hartford, CT